tisdag 26 april 2011

Caesar and Lizzy

Today I went to get Ceasar and to return some books to the library. I went around nine, and was back around five. Not what I'd planned really, but that's life. First me and Caesar went to a place called Rosenlund and took a ferry!

He thought it was a little bit scary. But I just pretended nothing was out of the ordinary and even though he got off a bit fast he was okay. Then we arrived at Lindholmspiren and discovered that the library opened at twelve. So.. about two hours to go, I guess.


So we went to a restaurant and hade some coke for me and water for Ceasar.

Alot of people stopped dead in their tracks and just pointed and waved and most people smiled and all you could hear was "LOOK AT THAT! IT'S A HORSE! IT'S A HUMAN! IT'S A CALF! IS THAT A GREAT DANE? WOOOOW! WHAT'S HIS NAME? HE'S SO BIG!". Because in Lindholmen there is almost only students in the age 15-25... It gets pretty intense. Of course I just strutted around with Caesar, letting him hold his own leash and stuff like that. He's a very nice, good boy.

Then we took the ferry back to Rosenlund and went to visit a shop where I did some internship a while back. He got some well deserved rest!
Then I hurried towards Slottskogen (Castle Woods?) to meet up with Lizzy. But first a quick stop, since Eivor hadn't called yet to tell me Lizzy was on her way... Which meant I had at least half an hour left to walk 2-3 kilometres.

I should never had stopped! She called as soon as I sat down, meaning I had half a litre of coke to drink and get Caesar to the park within 30 mins! Of course it proved impossible, and I was probably at least ten minutes late. And I had to buy him dried pig ears too, because he refused to leave the store without one.

But then he met Lizzy, and after that I had the greatest challenge of all! To walk about 4 kilometres with two dogs circling around me like crazy. But at least they weren't agressive or insecure. I had a little stop within the park though.

It took me over two hours to get home. But eventually I got them under control! Success! A total confidence boost! When I got home I let them out in a closed, close by play ground (such a sad little play ground) to let them get a good sniff of each other.

(Until I figure out how to put a youtube-video on this page, I will just link it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6pwJgP8-o ... I cant even make a proper link, because it will not show when published)

But poor Caesar could hardly smell anything.. She was waaay to fast for him. Well - one of the slowest dog breeds and one of the fastest. What to expect.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I can't believe Caesar will carry his own leash! What a clever dog! MAybe he can come and teach Honey?? :-) I can never get her to hold anything in her mouth (other than her stuffies!)

    Looks like you had a great day together - and how nice for him to meet Lizzy

    OK - I'm off to see the video now

    Hsin-Yi

    SvaraRadera
  2. He lets you know when he wants to, and then you just fold it a bit, and he takes it very gently from you. If you touch somewhere near the mouth he drops it again :)

    He used to carry grocery bags for quite a while - but one day he shook it, and I suppose he hasn't since. Maybe he's a disguised retriever! And his favorite toy is actually also a stuffie!

    We did! and he very much liked to see her. Maybe a bit much, haha. You see, he isn't neutered.

    Good!
    Linnéa

    SvaraRadera