tisdag 19 april 2011

It's nice to be a snitch!

I mentioned in my prevoius entry that we're going to be rewarding Candy's barking. You might think that I've lost my mind...

But I've read a book called "The Contact Contract" (SW: Kontaktkontraktet) and it's an amazing and remarkable book. And within the covers of this fantastic book there is a chapter called "It's nice to be a snitch!" (SW: Det är fint att skvallra).

Here's the idea: Reward your dog every time he barks at another dog, a kitten, a squirrel, a wierd sign, a strange man, etc... And soon, instead of barking, he'll come back to you for a reward for spotting something special. It's not only kind for the ears, but it can also serve a purpose.

If you for example have two doggies, and one is unsure and hostile against other dogs/constantly hunting, then you don't have to strain your eyes, your doggie-snitch will for you.

Edit: I got a good tip from a friend. Start rewarding as soon as your dog sees something, the split of a second before he barks!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar